What types of information does BBBSCO collect about me from my use of this website and how does BBBSCO use the information?
We collect and use information about you to communicate with you about our services, promotions, programs, and events, and to customize our communications in those areas. We also collect information to improve your website experience, enroll Big Brothers and Big Sisters and Littles, and enable you to make donations to BBBSCO. Here are the ways we obtain information about you and the types of information we obtain:
- Register for Our Newsletter. When you ask us to send you our newsletter, you provide us with your email address so we can fulfill your request.
- Contact Us Link.If you contact us via our website, we may ask you for information such as your name, address, and email address so we can respond to your questions or comments. Unless you consent, we do not retain this information except to respond to your inquiries.
The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Remember, though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features, such as participating in online games and sweepstakes.
- When you enroll online to become a Big or Little, you give us your name, email address, and phone number. If you are under 13 years old, we ask you to have your parent or guardian enroll you, or you may call your local agency directly.
- Special Offers and Instant Coupons.From time to time, we may offer you discounts and rewards provided by our supporters. When you choose to download any special offers or instant coupons from our websites, we do not collect any personal information about you.
- You may ask us to send an eCard on your behalf. We do not use any personal information you provide in connection with sending an eCard except to send the eCard.
- Participate in Contests and Sweepstakes.When you sign up to participate in one of our contests or sweepstakes, you may provide us with information such as your name or email address. We may use the information to enter you in the contest or sweepstakes and contact you if you win. Also, unless you previously asked us not to send you our newsletter, we will add your email address to our newsletter list. If you do not want to receive information about BBBSCO, you may choose not to participate in our contests and sweepstakes.
- You also give us contact information and credit card or checking information so we can process your donation. We use this information for that purpose and to customize our communication with you. BBBSCO will not share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of non-BBBSCO organizations.
Does BBBSCO share the information it obtains about me with third parties?
BBBSCO does not share personal information about you with any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do share this information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf who may have their own privacy policies that may apply, but these service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We also may disclose information about you to other members of the BBBS family (such as our national agency, which may have their own privacy policies) or to sponsorship partners solely with respect to tracking and enhancing campaigns in furtherance of our mission and as required by law.
How does BBBSCO protect personal information?
Need assistance creating a response to this- how does our website protect personal information ?
Does the BBBSCO website contain links to other websites?
The BBBSCO website may contain links to other websites that operate independently of BBBSCO and are not under our control. We provide links to those sites solely for your convenience and information. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to look at the privacy notices for any websites that collect personally identifiable information. BBBSCO is not responsible for information that is provided by those sites or for any other use of the sites.
How can I update my contact information?
Please email us to indicate that you would want to change the contact information we have for you. Please email us from the email address we would have on file so we can verify ownership.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I receive email from BBBSCO?
We will send you email only if you have provided us with your email address and have asked us to communicate with you this way.
What if I prefer not to receive communications from BBBSCO?
You may always unsubscribe from our emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Or you may email us to indicate that you would like to unsubscribe from our mailings. Please email us from the email address we would have on file so we can verify ownership.
Email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Policy or BBBSCO’s privacy practices, click here ( link to firstname.lastname@example.org). If you feel that we are not abiding by this Policy, you should contact us immediately via telephone at 614-839-2447 or via email to email@example.com.