Gifts that Pay you Income
You can ignite and defend the potential of the youth of Central Ohio while creating reliable retirement income by establishing a charitable gift annuity to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio.
If you’re considering this kind of gift, we recomment you consult with your financial advisor.
You can ensure our landmark mentoring programs will continue while creating reliable retirement income by establishing a charitable gift annuity to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio.
How it works
- You make a gift of at least $20,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio.
- You receive fixed payments for life, at an attractive payment rate.
- Your gift benefits you now and carries on your passion for defending potential for years to come.
How you Benefit
- Your payment will never change, and payment rates can go as high as 9%, depending on your age (must be 55 or older).
- Gift annuities are an ideal way to provide financial security for you and a loved one.
- You may qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize.
- You may avoid some capital gains tax when you use appreciated stock to fund your gift annuity.
- You can convert a low yielding asset (like bank deposits, securities, etc.) into reliable payments at a more attractive rate.Susie, 75 years old, wants to continue her support for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio but also wants to ensure she has a reliable income. She receives a social security check and 2% dividend on long-held Microsoft stock. Susie decides to use up to $50,000 of her stock to fund a Charitable Gift Annuity. she's avoided capital gains tax on the sale of the stock and instead of a 2% return, Susie now earns 6.2% annually. Plus, Susie may be eligible for a charitable income tax deduction when she itemizes. Any remaining funds left after Susie's lifetime is used to support the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio.
You can earn income for yourself or a loved one while supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio's mission to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
You can realize a significant benefit by transferring property to a trust that will eventually be a charitable gift to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio.
- A gift that is made during your lifetime or created through your will.
- Tax savings realized with a charitable gift receipt.
- Gifting over time when permissable.
- Ensures your assets are distributed as you intended
- Potential for favorable tax treatment of certain capital gains property.